Join These Walls Must Fall Manchester for a Right to Remain discussion event as we begin to prepare our communities for the impact of the Illegal Migration Act.
Preparing for the Illegal Migration Act
Wednesday 4 October
1:30pm-4:30pm, Manchester City Centre
registration form below
The Illegal Migration Act is now law. We are just waiting for the commencement orders which will start enforcement of the sections of the Act. This is not another change to the asylum system, we are looking at the end of the asylum system. We need to think collectively about what this will mean, and what we can do in Greater Manchester to prepare.
Interested? Read on, and see the booking form below.
Who is this event for?
- Greater Manchester Grassroots community groups of migrants, refugees & people seeking asylum.
- Greater Manchester Community and voluntary organisations working in solidarity or providing support to migrants, refugees & people seeking asylum.
- Greater Manchester Advice and information services for migrants, refugees & people seeking asylum.
What will the event be like?
It will be an informal meeting to share with each other how we are preparing our communities to face the impact of the Illegal Migration Act (IMA). It will be at an accessible community venue in the city centre (details will be sent after you register).
We will look at:
- What we know about the IMA so far: what has changed, or is about to change.
- The impact the IMA might have on our communities.
- How to prepare for the changes.
Who is organising the event?
Right to Remain is a migration justice organisation working across Britain. They provide information, resources, training and assistance to help people to establish their right to remain, and work to challenge injustice in the immigration and asylum system.
These Walls Must Fall, Manchester, is a group of campaigners with direct experience of the immigration and asylum system. Supported by Right to Remain, they are organising to build the movement for migration justice.